National VET Educator Development Network (NVEDN)
The National VET Educator Development Network (NVEDN) is a representative group from TAFE institutes and dual sector organisations across Australia. The network is established to drive, inspire and maintain a positive and energetic approach to VET and higher education educator capability development to achieve strong VET and dual sector education.
The National VET Educator Development Network:
- provides a national forum to share information and strategy
- facilitates cooperation and collaboration between members
- provides a forum for focussed and sustained discussion on related issues and agendas
- provides strategies and practices designed to build the capability of educators
- provides combined input into national strategic plans
- promotes and supports positive change management and reform initiatives.
Current priorities of the NVEDN include:
- developing a national digital capability framework, including benchmarking and strategy
- setting national professional standards for VET educators
- developing national adult education qualification guidelines to meet the standards for RTOs
- sharing strategies for self assurance in relation to staff capability and development.
The terms of reference for the NVEDN are available here.
The NVEDN is currently chaired by TAFE NSW, with TasTAFE as the Deputy Chair. The NVEDN has representation from all states and territories.
For enquiries regarding the NVEDN, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.