Building and construction industry supporting women – Master Builders Association NSW
The Master Builders Association NSW works with young women and men to encourage a career in the building and construction industry.
By improving the participation rate of women in the workforce, particularly in male-dominated industries like construction, research conducted by UNSW states, Australia could potentially increase its economic growth by $25 billion over the next 10 years. Read about research here.
The Master Builders Association is wanting more women to benefit from employment opportunities that the industry has on offer. It values and encourages the best labourers regardless of their gender by providing the right tools and information to support them on their journey.
Trades Women Australia
TWA brings industry and tradespeople together to create awareness and support for women working in the male dominated trade industry. Our goal is to increase diversity within the Australian trade workforce by increasing the overall percentage of women in trades.
For more information click here.
The Lady Tradies Australia
To promote, support, connect and encourage women and girls in non-traditional roles and trades.
To provide benefits, bonuses, support and assistance to all Lady Tradies and the community at large by:
- Creating more work for Lady Tradies and/or their employers
- Providing a network of support and encouragement
- Assisting with information on apprenticeships, employment and training
- Promoting and encouraging females in non-traditional roles and the trades in general
- Obtaining trade discounts and sponsorships for their benefit
- Providing the community an alternative to the ‘traditional male tradesperson’, by having the ability and alternative to use a Lady Tradie for the work required.
For more information click here