Infection control skill sets: free training – Wodonga TAFE
28 September 2020
Wodonga TAFE offers free, accredited training as a short course combining online and workplace-based learning and assessment. This training is available to help staff in critical industries identify and manage the ongoing risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections.
Workers can be upskilled with this training which is available to customer-facing employees in critical sectors.
After completion, staff will be able to confidently:
- follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- identify infection hazards and assess risks
- follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards.
Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling) HLTSS00066
This Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling) is suitable for staff engaged in direct customer interactions within the food-handling sector, such as restaurants and cafes, clubs, hotels, and other hospitality settings.
Infection Control Skill Set (Retail) HLTSS00065
This Infection Control Skill Set (Retail) is suitable for staff engaged in direct customer interactions within the retail sector, such as supermarkets, shopping centres, markets, small business retail, and other retail outlets.
Infection Control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics) HLTSS00067
The Infection Control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics) is suitable for staff engaged in direct customer interactions within the transport and logistics sector, such as delivery services, distribution centres, and logistics hubs.
To be eligible to complete a skill set the student must:
- be currently employed in Victoria in a customer-facing role; and
- have not previously completed the skill set that they are applying for, or any other infection control skill sets.
Download the flyer here Infection Control Skill Sets – Free Training for Eligible Employees
* The Australian Government together with state and territory governments has established an $80 million Infection Control Training Fund to fast‑track fee free (or low fee) infection control training to support the re-opening of customer‑facing businesses nationwide.