Australian TAFE International Network (ATIN)
The Australian TAFE International Network (ATIN) has been operating for more than 20 years and brings together member representatives from all states and territories on international education. The purpose of the network is to:
- share information and promote exchanges within the network on international activities, both onshore and offshore;
- provide a platform for engagement with government officials and for advocacy of TAFE positions from a policy perspective; and
- share international market updates, circulate business opportunities and promote cooperation within the network.
Current priorities of the network include:
- responding to the ongoing impacts of COVID on the international education sector;
- consulting with the network on policy advocacy and submissions on relevant issues such as the ESOS Act and Foreign Relations Bill, student visas, onshore student transfers, the National Strategy for International Education;
- engagement in international fora such as WFCP and UNESCO-UNEVOC;
- promoting TAFE as a trusted provider and using the network for international project opportunities and collaboration; and
- regular dialogue with the Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE), the Department of Home Affairs (DoHA), Austrade and Australian Embassies in key markets on policy matters and multilateral engagement.
ATIN is chaired by TDA (Ewa Filipiak, Director, International Engagement) with representation from all states and territories.
For enquiries regarding ATIN, please contact email@example.com
Further information on TAFE engagement in international education can be found on TDA’s website.